BIAS is fully committed to protecting the rights and privacy of our members in accordance with the EU General Data Protection (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
Personal data will be collected, recorded and stored safely and securely and not disclosed to any third party unlawfully.
As the lawful and correct treatment of our members personal information is critical to us and to maintain the confidence of our members BIAS is committed to:
- Handling personal information in a way that ensures appropriate security (for electronic and paper based records) including protection against unlawful or unauthorised access, processing or loss.
- Never selling or sharing member’s personal information without specific written consent, unless there is a legal requirement to do so.
- Only using email / postal address information to communicate to members in accordance with their consented methods of communication. Date of Birth information will only be used internally to understand the demographic of the BIAS membership. N.B Members can change their contact preferences at any time by visiting the BIAS website (Contact Us page)
- Not holding personal information longer than necessary by deleting this securely upon cancellation of membership. N.B Members can cancel their membership at any time by visiting the BIAS website (Contact us page).
- Ensuring our membership records are accurate and up to date wherever possible
Under GDPR members of BIAS have the following rights:
- Transparency over how we use your personal information (right to be informed);
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you, which will be provided to you within one month (right of access);
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong (right of rectification);
- Ask us to stop using your information (right to restrict processing);
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records (right to be ‘forgotten’);
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes (right to object);
- Obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes (right to data portability)
If members want to exercise any of these rights or have any questions regarding the storage of their personal information they should email: email@example.com or write to:
BIAS, c/o Brentford Football Club, Griffin Park, Braemar Road, Brentford, Middlesex,TW8 0NT.