BIAS Executive Committee discussed and agreed the following key points:
• BIAS Membership
- Membership has now risen to 708 Full Members.
- This includes 17 members who are making donations but we do not have email contact details. Letters forwarded to the postal addresses held on file have not been replied to. Work will continue to make contact with these members.
• BIAS AGM to be held on 2nd November
- Date has now been confirmed and official notice of meeting sent to all members
- Agenda and motions for consideration will be forwarded to members by 31st October.
• Boat Trips to Away Games
- Executive committee decided not to progress Boat trip to Millwall on Sunday 29th December due to potential changes in date/time of game for potential Sky coverage and potential difficulties with tidal times
- Next Boat trip could be Fulham away on 14th March and this will be considered early next year
- Executive Committee still looking to use profit from recent boat trip to Charlton to support fans traveling to an away match possibly Blackburn
• Meeting with Jon Varney
- BIAS are meeting Jon Varney on 4th November to understand next stage of fan consultation for the new stadium as last Focus Groups were held during the first quarter of this year
- The meeting will also look to cover a number of topics including: QPR ticket sales, reciprocal away day pricing, safe standing at Lionel Road, racial abuse processes on-line and within the stadium
- BIAS have also been asked to help the Club with a set of Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s) to help fans with the move to the new stadium at Lionel Road – we hope to attend this meeting during the next few weeks
• Fit and Proper Ownership of Football Clubs
- Committee continue to liaise with Bees United to understand what is in place to prevent a situation similar to seen at Bolton and Bury
- Update will be provided to members in due course
Full minutes will be posted in due course on the BIAS website.
The next executive committee meeting will be on Monday 2nd December, due to November meeting with Jon Varney
Visit bias.org.uk and JOIN us TODAY – Membership is totally FREE
TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER