Brentford 2 Port Vale 0

Another healthy crowd witnessed Brentford FC break two records, the Clubs 1000th league win and the 8th successive win in a single season.

Brentford have now taken 40 of the last 42 points available with a form chart that WWWWWWWWDWWWWW.

Three enforced changes, with Douglas, Dean and Forshaw all missing created an air of apprehension around Griffin Park, but the fears of player exoduses and of the teams performance with what most would consider the spine of the side missing were to be proved to be unfounded.

Logan played right back , allowing McCormack to move back into midfield, Kevin O’Connor came in for Harlee and signee Alan Judge made his debut in the Brentford midfield.

Port Vale started very well and created the earlier chances in the match but it was Brentford who after twenty minutes began to dominate.

Trotta scored Brentford’s first from a Clayton assist, turning well to fire the ball home past the impressive Neal to give Brentford the lead

The Bees continued to dominate creating chance after chance and it was only Neal in the visitors goal that kept the score line respectable.

The Brentford passing and link play, the chasing back, was a joy to be hold. This could be the best Brentford footballing side in living memory.

The Big Don almost made it two, but the ref judged that Neal had been fouled after SS7 aka Sammy Saunders crossed fro Donaldson to head home.

Trotta has stated that he has some unfinished business to do and he is certainly a man of his word, in one instance he chasing back probably all of 30 yards before winning the ball in a tackle and he was so unlucky to be denied a second by the impressive Neal.

With the clock ticking down the 1000th home win at Griffin Park in sight and a club record of eight consecutive home wins in one season on the cards but not a certainty, there was an air of apprehension amongst the faithfull who knew that Vale were still very much on the game and could still a point.

Bidwell did well down the wing to keep hold of the ball whilst under extreme pressure and his cross found Grigg, almost unmarked on the penalty spot. Grigg turned and shot low to finally beat Neal in the Vale goal to make two nil.

The joyous crowd wanted a third and as much as Brentford pushed forward to deliver time ran out and for the first time in four matches the Bees only scored two.