Date: Thursday December 5th 2013
The Lampton Park Conference Centre,
Hounslow Civic Centre,
Hounslow TW3 4DN
Start time: 19:30 (expected to last for 2-3 hours)
Public Seating Capacity: 800
PLEASE COME. PLEASE READ
Brentford FC’s biggest away fixture this century is taking place on 5th December at Hounslow Civic Centre where the Planning Committee will meet to decide on the Football Club’s planning application to build a Community Stadium with the necessary enabling development at Lionel Road.
BIAS strongly encourage supporters to arrive as early as they can to ensure admittance and to get the best choice of seats. Doors open at 18:30 and attendance will be on a first come first serve basis. We are expecting opponents of the stadium plans to turn up in numbers.
BIAS understands that the duration of the meeting should be between 2 to 3 hours – It is not expected to go on longer than this. Hounslow Council have confirmed that the staff multi-storey car park (capacity 560) at Lampton Road will be open for the public on the night, free of charge.
“YES TO LIONEL ROAD COMMUNITY STADIUM” cards.
BIAS have produced 750 A4 double-sided cards which state boldly and clearly ““YES to Lionel Road Community Stadium” so Brentford supporters will be able to make their presence and support clearly visible to the Committee at the meeting. The cards include both the Brentford club badge and the BIAS logo and on the reverse a picture from the Community Sports Trust.
BIAS volunteers will be distributing these cards to supporters as they arrive at the Civic Centre from 18:30 onwards. Volunteers will be standing along the pathway and near the entrance to the Civic Centre. If you would like a card please just come over and collect one.
It is vital that there are no disruptions to proceedings on the night as the slightest indiscretion could influence committee members’ voting intentions. At recent Lionel Road meetings in Chiswick opponents of the stadium heckled and booed anyone who spoke in favour of Lionel Road. If this behaviour is repeated on Thursday it is essential that supporters do not react or become antagonised by this behaviour, which will be viewed negatively by the Committee. Should the meeting become disorderly there is a chance the Chair could order the public gallery to be cleared or the meeting could be adjourned. Both these outcomes would be disastrous for Brentford Football Club.
BIAS advises those attending:
• To collect cards from BIAS volunteers who will be on the door from 18:30
• To clap politely in response to the DVD in support of the stadium bid (please be aware that the Club only have 20 minutes to put forward the case for the stadium so we need to keep our applause short so as not to restrict our speaker’s presentation time).
• To, on occasion, hold up the “Yes to Lionel Road” cards so they are clear to see.
• There is no official dress code on the night but BIAS recommends supporters do not wear football shirts as some people present may find this dress intimidating. We believe football scarves however are not a problem and supporters should wear them if they wish.
A big thank you in advance to all supporters attending on the night, with your help we can help Brentford Football Club achieve one of the most important victories in the Club’s history. Up the Bees!
Directions to Hounslow Civic Centre
• The full postal address is: Civic Centre, Lampton Road, Hounslow, TW3 4DN
• The closest underground station is Hounslow Central on the Piccadily line. The tube station is a 5 minute walk to the Civic Centre.
• Parking is available at the Civic Centre in the staff multi-storey car park (capacity 560) which will be open on the night for the public, free of charge.
• The nearest mainline station is Hounslow which is about a 20 minute walk.
• The H20 (Ivybridge to Isleworth) and 120 (Hounslow & Southall) buses both stop outside Civic Centre.
• Hounslow bus garage with routes from Twickenham, Richmond, Feltham and beyond is approximately a 10 minute walk.